Thursday, March 5, 2009

Review: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer


Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage completely camouflages dark circles, minor imperfections & discolorations.

  • A unique two-shade system, one to match the skins depth of color & one to match the skins undertone
  • Custom-blend your own perfect shade
  • High level of pigment requires very little product to achieve complete coverage
  • Always apply after foundation
MY SAY:
I love the color payoff of this concealer. I used to use their concealer pot before and it made my bad college eyebags ok to live with. But this one, it was insane! It's so dry, it's hard to swatch them with my brush! and for Php1650, this one is pretty steep. It creases like hell too, instead of covering the fine lines, it emphasizes it more! Imagine my horror when I saw my face in a beauty counter!!!

PROs:
1. Available locally (Rustan's)
2. Great color payoff
3. Covers under eye discoloration well

CONs:
1. Creases!
2. It's so dry!!
3. Steep price for something that's useless to me now :(
4. Emphasizes than conceal

Tips:
1. I cant lose hope on this one, since I'm the only medium tone here in our house. So, I mix it with a little eyecream/apply it after I put eyecream on. (Minimal effect though, it still creases on me sometimes)
2. This is suitable for oily skins

Im going back to MAC soon for a concealer. HGs are HG, never forget that Care. :(

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this, I keep reading how absolutely amazing this thing is so I was planning to buy it (and hey, Laura's expensive >:-D), so it's great to have a friend's testimony that it's really not. Thank you.
    I hope MAC is better for you :).

    ReplyDelete