Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: BEN NYE Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder

I got this setting powder a few months ago because I wanted to try something new. For years, I've been trusting my good old Nichido setting powder for setting up my foundation. Although I love the Nichido brand, there have been some issue with it and I'm looking for a "sweat-proof" powder that would last the whole day, especially for bridal makeup in this humid weather! And behold, I was hired by a friend to do his bride's makeup.
So, here is my personal review for this product.

Ben Nye said:
Ben Nye Face Powders absorbs oil, moisture and gently set creme makeup.
Ben Nye Powders are silky smooth and contain just a hint of color to naturally soften contours.

PROs:
1. It does not affect the color of the foundation.
2. Give a matte yet healthy glow (not powdery!)
3. A little goes a long way, so paying Php850.00 for such a small product, is pretty much okay.
4. Blends easily.

Cons:
1. is NOT sweat-proof
2. Not available locally.

Will I buy it again? Yes., if Dashe would still offer it. Despite the short wearing time, it looks awesome in photos and mattify the skin really well.

(BEN NYE products are available at DASHE COSMETICS. Item was bought and not sponsored.)

2 comments:

  1. ahhh thanks for sharing! I've been stalking Ben Nye products via Ebay, ang mamahal ng shipping kasi! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a very sensitive and acne prone skin,., does it give you pimples or any break outs?

    ReplyDelete