Friday, July 22, 2011

REVIEW: Smashbox Sheer Focus in Luminous

One of my mid-year resolution aside from losing weight is to take care of my skin more. My skin went from Okay to not acceptable after I gave birth to my second son. I have sunspots, and all that ugly spots all over my body. So I promise to take good care of it more.




So, since now that I had stop going to social events or clubbing, I need a foundation that a lot lighter than my heavy coverage one. I'm a loyal user of MAC Studio Fix Line. Yes! Powder Foundation, Concealer and Liquid Foundation! Think of how much junk I used to put in my face.

I've been thinking of getting something from NARS aka the famous sheer glow but Makati is quite far from my place. But luckily, a Beauty Bar counter opened near here so I went ahead and browse. Other might go for BB Creams, but I have a hard time with BB Creams as they always appear ashy on me or way too light. So I opted for Tinted Moisturizer.

So, after swatching, I decided to buy this one instead. I decline to swatch it in my face in the counter. Ever since talaga I dont use the one in the counter to try in my own face especially people have been using them na. It's unhygienic since I dont know how many people have tried that or how long have this product stayed in the counter.

So upon arriving home, I quickly washed my face and tried it on. I haven't tried it on with a primer yet, but here are my thoughts after wearing it for about 8-1o times already.

PROs:
1. It is moisturizing indeed.
2. Gives a "glow-from-within"
3. Sheer coverage that makes you look dewy.
4. Has SPF15.
5. Easily available since Beauty Bar is almost everywhere.
6. Didnt break me out, since it's perfect for my dry skin.

CONS:
1. Doesnt conceal anything, it's that sheer. It would actually pass up as a illuminator/primer instead.
2. Not that cheap. At 1450, you'll get a small amount of product. (YES, it looks like used when I first opened it. It's not a chubby lotion type. It has quite a "dent" at the top. I dont really know how to explain it.
3. You need to set it with a light powder.
4. May not be good for oily-skinned people since it may enhance oiliness.

So, if it's that sheer why do I keep reaching out for it? Well, it's perfect for going out with my kids. I can snuggle them without worrying about my foundation transferring to their skin or clothing. It's also makes my skin look almost-made up paired with MAC Blot Powder when I'm just going to the grocery or picking my Ate Amerie at school.

I may not repurchase because I found my HG everyday foundation which I'll be posting soon. I'm so excited for it. :) But for now, my revised everyday makeup that you can also call "the mommy makeup look".




Products used: Smashbox Sheer Glow set with Nichido Loose Powder in So Natural. Ever Bilena Cheek Blush. Bobbi Brown Brow Kit in Sable and Mahogany. Maybelline Magnum mascara. Petroleum Jelly on the lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment