Before anything else, please let me tell you that my photos are not altered in whatsoever way in Photoshop. :) I might've added some captions and watermarks at the photos but the photos will never be retouched in any way. Also please be aware that I'll be posting my bare face .. please read at your own risk. HAHAHA
Ok, now on to the review.
I've been taking care of my self more especially my skin condition after I gave birth. So one of my goal is to find a foundation that will be light and sheer but evens out my skin tone at the same time. I have to stay away as much as possible from heavy foundations to avoid clogging my skin, since I've been breaking out lately. :( Maybe my face is so used to the heavy junk I used to put that it's reacting with light ones? Uhh I dont know. hahaha. But yeah.
Im happy with my Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer but I want something that have a little more coverage. I used to like the MUFE Face and Body foundation (waterproof) but BHS is a lot farther away from home, and I've been settling with online shopping since it's more convenient for me. So I decided to order the MAC Face and Body Foundation at my MAC supplier.
So, what is MAC Face and Body?
A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body
= MAC Website
My skin match (I'm NC35 for the SFF), C4.
One layer of Face and Body Foundation"
Obviously, it lightens the darkness of my under eyes and it helps even out my skin tone as I have a darker forehead than the rest of my face.
With MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC35 (Undereyes only):
Set with MAC Blot Powder Pressed in Medium Dark:
Before and After:
- Sheer coverage. Although you can build it up to low coverage.
- The shade perfectly matches my skin tone.
- I love the watery feeling of the foundation. It's easy to wear and very lightweight.
- When using flash, it looks like skin rather than foundation. Doesnt have a white cast.
- Although the price can be a little steep, it boast an amount of 120ml of product that will last you a long time.
- The smell! The smell I cant really describe but it's awful. Although it disappears after a few minutes, still it sometimes bothers me.
- Not available locally.
- I once heard that MAC is marketing it as a HD foundation. Nope. No way. Unless you have perfect skin, this is not a HD foundation. :)
Will I purchase? Im not so sure because this one is not available locally. :)